To be considered for an OTC Foundation scholarship, you only need to complete a single (1) application! The rest of the process is handled by us.
How to apply:
- Click “Apply for Scholarships” at any of the links at the OTC Foundation website.
- Log in with your student ID.
- Answer the questions to the best of your ability. (Tips below)
- Await a decision from the Foundation.
How we select recipients:
- We combine your essay and other answers with your OTC student information (GPA, Program of Study, etc.)
- If any of your student information changes between when you apply and when we review, the system updates the information for you—you do not need to worry about changing anything after submitting your application.
- On the other hand, you are welcome to change your essay after applying up and until the deadline, at which point it is locked for review.
- You are matched to all scholarships for which you are eligible. Most students with a GPA of 2.5 or higher are eligible for several of our 90+ scholarships.
- You are reviewed by the scholarship committee, which does its best to award as many scholarships to as many students as possible. It is a needs-based, competitive selection process with a limited amount of awards available for eligible applicants.
- Typically, decisions are made 6-8 weeks after application. You will be notified at your student email if you did or did not get selected.
- If selected, instructions will be included in your notification, which are also available at foundation.otc.edu/FAQ.
Tips for completing a quality scholarship application
To improve overall quality of your scholarship application complete the following tasks prior to submission:
1. Complete a FASFA. Most awards require a current FASFA to be on file for a student to be considered eligible.
2. Visit The Carol Jones Writing Center for help on your personal statement essay.
- The essay should tell the reader who you are; what you hope to accomplish and importantly, why you need the money.
- Visit this website “Writing your Essay” for additional information.
2. Double check your essay for spelling errors.
3. After entering all your answers, go back through the application to make sure you understood each question and all of your information is correct.
4. Be sure to submit your scholarship application on time or before the deadline date. Late entries are not accepted.
5. If you have questions about completing the OTC Foundation scholarship application, contact the Foundation office at (417) 447-2651 or Foundation@otc.edu.